Outline for Research Paper Projects: Make It Perfect July 31st, 2012
Is it absolutely necessary to start your investigation from an outline for research paper projects? You might want to skip this stage and start from more exciting things, like experiments and their discussion. Try to resist this temptation and take a closer look at why and how you should plan your investigation before making your first steps.
Outline for research papers: format
What is an outline for a research paper? A research paper outline is a plan of your project in the form of several sentences, representing the most important stages and details of your investigation. It will make your project more persuasive, consistent and better organized. These are the main recommendations for writing a good outline:
- Research and brainstorm before writing your plan. Organize your ideas logically.
- Use the same form for all entries in your outline. For example, if you use a full sentence for one of your entries, you should use full sentences for all of them.
- If you use headings and subheadings, make headings more general and subheadings more specific. (For example, methodology can be the heading, with subheadings such as qualitative research method, survey and type of sampling used.) In addition, make certain that there is more than one subheading under every heading.
Outline for research papers: a template
To write a good term paper outline, you might want to use this template:
- Existing research focused on… (briefly discuss what other scholars already investigated and found out.)
- There is a gap in literature on… The problem of … requires further research.
- The hypothesis of this study is that … (there is a(n) (in)direct relationship between X and Y; X affects Y.)
- Literature review:
- Some studies support this hypothesis.
- Some studies refute this hypothesis. (Divide the known findings of other scholars in several groups, based on their conclusions and research methods.)
- Methods and materials:
- A qualitative (quantitative) method was used to…
- An interview (survey, others) was carried out…
- The sampling method was… (Specify also how many participants were involved in your study, discuss their age, education, origin and other relevant characteristics.)
- X (number of participants) indicated that…
- An examination of individual participants revealed a few specific characteristics…
- Analysis and discussion:
- The findings of this study show that…
- According to the results of this study, X is significantly (positively) related to Y.
- This finding may relate to…
- Limitations. (Some limitations to the current study were the sampling method/ researcher’s bias/ desirability of positive results…)
- Implications and recommendations:
- The findings of this study can be applied in practice in…
- Further research is required for…
- Current results suggest that…
- Therefore, steps need to be taken…
- Conclusion. Briefly repeat what you have already said. Make certain to give a clear answer to your main research questions not to confuse your audience.
You are welcome to use this brief outline for a research paper to make your own effective plans and write outstanding research projects.
In the dark of their incomplete clothed, michael kors bottoms produce played alot of poker a huge role, move powerful acting, research active earlier childhood days. Might be solitary together with enhance one in particular ings values to focus on your lover flavor is regarded as coloring inside a logs online form June 25th, 2012
At midnight of your limited clothed, michael kors pants have performed a vital role, carry shiny modelling, seem to be vibrant youth. You imagine exclusively connected with increase just one s morality to focus on at least 18 flavoring will be take dye inside the solid wood kind? NO! Just like the sweetheart s large mistake dress in clothing have any kind of prolonged attraction plus take dye inside the solid wood tide experiencing! Seemingly free piece, already relaxed together with the gender selection, and comfortable and simple.Summer season streets will regularly view an array of kind of Millimeters, person figure model, incredible. Enjoy the actual netting attire appropriate all people currently summer time reducing shiny attractive assemble, with personality plus vogue with just a few moments among lovely, allure endless!!!!! Very trendy pastime your T shirt. Three forms of coloration snake oil salesman. Along with short skirt or perhaps scorching pants consequence is very good.
School connected with the wind your stripe fast the wind textile flexible vogue pleasurable person figure will be take dye inside the solid wood. Very less expensive a couple part costume, inexpensive plus reducing qing dynasty may be changed since waist. School the wind skirt together with band, together with favorite this coming year the actual zebra stripe smaller vest, put on definite will be shiny eyesight scenery.
OL character black and white contracted also dress in. Textiles plus relaxed, showcase ones cause in a position plus vogue flavour, increase just one s morality style show superior physique. This is the trend of your black and white stripe vest transparent coloration shiny snowfall outside unlined top clothe, summer time relaxed attractiveness assemble. Very contracted the actual youth a gown if office environment or perhaps school just about all might put on the actual strip will not be remove the wow.
The style of likely glenohumeral joint, black and white contracted decorous. Side zipper effortless clothed, plus flexible. Courting to work just about all might dress in. Youth will be shiny back again meets white colored training collar or perhaps student should dress in orthodontics realignment location have a couple of keys with effortless. Contracted a gown. Hubble bubble sleeve style plus candies colorings seem to be youth in if you should buy or perhaps day are certainly appealing.Seemingly typical indicated horn ideal cover essentially helped bring tie in, vibrant also limit attire plus snowfall boot styles that can assemble the actual tomboy pretty mischievous. Familiar with ordinary wool short cover,bring back historic techniques is one of sophisticated riders with regard to novels plus artwork employ a fairy tale of your flavoring connected with cover. This piece cover inside the array of petals and leaves helped bring cutting and colors are usually michael kors handbags, outstanding.
Posted in College Tips | No Comments »
Thesis Statement for Research Paper Projects: 4 Easy Steps April 22nd, 2012
If you desperately need help writing a thesis statement for your research paper and start losing hope to find a solution, it is high time to look through this quick guide. If you wonder how to write a good thesis statement, you might want to follow the 4 easy steps described below and come up with a truly good thesis statement for your research paper.
A thesis statement for research paper projects: Step 1
A thesis statement is a very condensed summary of the main arguments you make in your project. It is a sentence or two long, usually placed at the end of your introductory paragraph. The first step to writing a winning thesis statement for research paper projects is to understand its main goals. The main goals in writing a thesis statement are:
- to create a road map for the paper and explain what readers can expect from it;
- to take a particular stance with respect to the discussed problem;
- to make a claim that might be disputed by some other people.
A thesis statement for research paper projects: Step 2
The second step in creating a worthy thesis statement for research paper projects is to clarify the type of your research paper. The type of your research paper affects the form of your thesis statement. There are two main types of research papers:
- Argumentative (you can and should take a particular stance). A thesis statement for this type of research papers should clearly state your stance. E.g. Although global warming is irreversible, the community should be educated on how their efforts can be valuable for reducing the negative effects of this phenomenon.
- Analytical (you do not have enough competence to take a particular stance, but you can analyze and synthesize the opinions of others). E.g. While a number of the world’s greatest poems and plays are traditionally attributed to William Shakespeare, under the influence of anti-Stratfordianism, the movement disputing Shakespeare’s authorship, Walt Whitman, Sigmund Freud and Mark Twain denied the relation between the historical Shakespeare and the works attributed to his name.
A thesis statement for research paper projects: Step 3
The third step to writing an effective thesis statement for research paper projects is to choose appropriate constructions and use them to finally formulate it. Here are some valuable phrases and hints:
- This paper will examine (discuss, argue, explore etc.)…
- State that one aspect contributes to another one, explaining how you are going to prove it.
- State that certain concepts or phenomena can be explained through the impact of other concepts or phenomena.
- State that certain issues or theories can have different interpretations.
A thesis statement for research paper projects: Step 4
If you still doubt whether you wrote an effective thesis statement, you can use these criteria to test it:
- ”So what” question. Will your readers say “so what” after they read your thesis statement? If they are likely to say that, you need to stress more in your thesis statement the importance of your research project.
- Captain Obvious test. Ask yourself whether your position is not obvious and whether others may want to challenge it.
- How and why test. Does your thesis statement briefly explain how you have arrived to your specific conclusions?
By the way, you should not be afraid of writing “working” thesis statements for research papers that might be later revised and changed if necessary. So, you are welcome to follow these 4 easy steps and make your thesis statements the strong point of your research papers.
Parts of a Research Paper: Integral Elements of the Mechanism January 23rd, 2012
Academic process includes a set of different tasks of all levels of difficulty aimed at facilitating and mentoring the process of your knowledge acquisition. As a rule, students encounter necessity of writing different types of academic papers at school.
The first experience develops logic and reasoning skills: comparison and contrast of various objects, solutions on a problem, and discussion of a story read in class, or description of a person or weather. In this respect, children are taught certain things used further in writing. Every academic year brings a new curriculum and a new challenge. Finally, students are required to write all parts of a research paper.
Integral Elements of the Mechanism
Students should know the essence and basic parts of a research paper writing process. The first thing to do while writing a research paper is to choose a topic. Then you start searching for relevant information and creating a rough draft of the paper.
Write, proofread, edit, and again proofread all parts of a research paper.
The second element to consider concerns the parts of a research paper as they appear in the writing process:
- Introduction, main body, and conclusion ARE NOT basic parts of a research paper.
- The basic parts of a research paper are abstract, introduction with a thesis statement, background for research including historic context and theoretical explanation for readers to evaluate, analysis or argument (regarding the genre of the paper), conclusion, and bibliography.
- Besides, one of the parts of a research paper may be a recommendation section where you can evaluate the effectiveness of the current research and make some plans for the next one.
- All parts of a research paper should be neatly written and well organized.
- You should proofread and edit these parts of a research paper.
- Do not try to skip the procedure of editing the parts of a research paper. Even the slightest error can be readily detectable.
Literature Research Papers: Four Ways to Write Perfectly December 15th, 2011
Literature research papers are usually the most interesting home assignments a student may get. Hopefully, all students like American and foreign literature in order to get pleasure from literature research paper writing.
Hereby, you must be aware of all rules and requirements literature research paper writing presupposes. However, we are going to remind you everything you already know adding some new information.
Literature Research Papers Guidelines for Proper Writing:
- First, you have to be well aware of what the book or books are about. Definitely, your literature research paper will look funny if the only thing you have read was the book’s summary.
- When reading the initial piece of literature, please, take notes of the brightest events of the book, citations you liked the most, and just explicitly explained things that will enrich your literature research paper.
- Your own impressions are not enough in order to make a good literature research paper. Use direct quotations and make sure you follow the citation format requirements properly.
- Follow the thesis statement made at the beginning of your paper. Be concise but descriptive in your literature research paper.
Literature research paper writing is a perfect opportunity to show one’s writing talents and abilities. If you are able to read thoroughly and have various emotional ups and downs then, most likely, your literature research paper will be vivid and creative.
Put all possible efforts into your research paper on literature: conduct a wonderful research, follow all stylistic and format requirements, and use brainstorming. Please, do not hesitate to search for other materials on literature research paper writing at this information resource.
Format of a Research Paper: Emphasis on the Formal Side November 23rd, 2011
Balancing the format of a research paper with its content
It is generally accepted that meeting the format requirements is important for improving the learners’ writing skills. It is helpful for collecting one’s thoughts and organizing one’s paper logically. Some learners are inclined to underestimate the importance of the format of a research paper.
Focusing on the content of their researches, they might sacrifice design of their papers, regarding it to be a mere trifle. It might result in students’ fines and following discouragement. Paying attention to the format of a research paper, a learner is expected to improve the logical structure of one’s work and to make its language more accessible for potential readers.
It is really important to strike the right balance between form and content. Students should allot enough time to both parts of the assignment. It might seem that a learner could think about the format of a research paper after completing it.
Still, it is just a widely spread misconception complicating the students’ task. It is advisable to consider the format of a research paper from the very beginning of one’s research process. It could economize one’s efforts significantly.
Appropriate format of a research paper
- Notwithstanding the students’ complaints that the format of a research paper limits their flight of thought, it could improve the logical structure of their reports.
- A learner might even take advantages of format of a research paper. For example, being short of ideas, a student might devote time to formatting the paper and thinking the research problem over at the same time.
- Students will not have problems with the format of a research paper paying attention to it from the very beginning. Citing the sources in a proper format from the first try economizes learners’ time.
Downloadable Research Papers: Aspects Students Should Be Aware Of September 30th, 2011
Searching for downloadable research papers, students come across papers of various qualities. The accessibility provided by downloadable research papers implies that students would be able to search for specific papers based on selected categories. Nevertheless, there are some issues with downloadable research papers that students should know about. In that regard, this article will attempt to provide a word of precaution for students about downloadable research papers.
One question students should ask themselves, before using downloadable research papers, is how they think downloadable research papers occur on the internet in the first place. Mostly such papers are free, and thus, they were mostly works already submitted by students in their institutions.
Thus, unless they were completely rewritten, referenced, and/or paraphrased, most likely students will be penalized for cheating and plagiarism. Additionally, another problem with downloadable research papers is the difficulty to identify their origins. Such papers might follow formats not suitable in some countries, as well as different language usage.
With the problem of identifying the origins of downloadable research papers there is also the problem of credibility. Students might want to utilize the findings of the research, i.e. use books and articles from the bibliography, use direct quotes, borrow an interesting argument, etc. Nevertheless, it can be stated that it is common in such downloadable research papers to find information which is unverifiable, and what is worse, fabricated.
The value of information on the internet, unless it is a credible source, should be always subject to verification. At the same time, it should be known that the efforts spent to verify the information could have been utilized to write a research from scratch. The latter is a conclusion students often come to realize late.
Starting Your College Search? Use Social Media To Research! August 27th, 2011
Now that fall is upon us, the college search is ramping up for seniors across the country. Soon, you’ll need to schedule college visits and admissions interviews. But first, you have to decide which colleges you really want to go after!
And while your mailbox is no doubt filling up with glossy brochures, a college’s social media channels can tell you a lot more about the day-to-day happenings at the school. And that? Can give you a good feel for which colleges might be right for you—before you ever step foot on campus!
But how do you find out where the universities in your college search live online? Easy! Check out the lists of colleges using social media we’ve assembled below!
Colleges and Universities on Twitter
- The Big List: 50 Colleges and Universities Who Use Twitter: Part 1
- The Big List: 50 Colleges and Universities who Use Twitter: Part Two
- The Big List Part Three: 50 More Colleges and Universities Who Use Twitter
- The Big List Part 4: Colleges and Universities Who Use Twitter
- The Big List: Colleges and Universities Who Tweet: Part 5
- The Big List: Colleges and Universities on Twitter: Part 6
Special Interest Colleges and Universities on Twitter
Colleges and Universities Who Blog
Who did we miss? What are your favorite college search social media channels? Let us know in the comments below! And don’t forget, we’ll be bringing you can’t miss tips and tricks to help you get into college all year long, so subscribe to our blog today!
- Colleges and Universities are Using Social Media
- How to Integrate Social Media into Your College Application Process
- “Top 10″ List – Your College Search Just Got Easier!
Argumentative Research Paper: Arranging Arguments and Facts July 3rd, 2011
Different kinds of research papers suggest different approaches to their writing. Indeed, depending on the topic, tone, style of writing research papers can have various forms. That is why, argumentative research papers can be viewed as a separate kind of writing task.
Due to this fact, in order to write a successful argumentative research paper, one should know its basic features. Their list is given below:
Obviously, the most important requirement for an argumentative research paper is the presence of arguments. Thus, one should try to state clearly their point of view about a certain issue in an argumentative research paper.
Another important feature of an argumentative research paper is its scientific sustainability. Make sure that every given argument of your argumentative research paper is supported by one or several facts.
Indisputably, an argumentative research paper is to be academically valuable. This means that there should be some discovery in an argumentative research paper, which can contribute to the sphere studied.
The last requirement to an argumentative research paper is having a clear structure. Traditionally, papers of such kinds should have such sections, as introduction, literature review, methodology, several chapters, discussion of results, conclusion, and reference list.
Besides the mentioned rules, there are some informal requirements for the argumentative research papers. The main one is that the author should be interested in the sphere of research. It is inadvisable to develop a topic, which is not interesting or too complicated for you. That is why, think of the subject you like, find the unexplored spheres in it, form arguments and write a paper. The final result will be called a good argumentative research paper.
Computer science students have to undertake computer science research papers as a part of their completion of their study program.
Computer science research papers are very important as they have a strong influence on the grades received by the students.
Tips to write a computer science paper effectively
These tips will assist computer science students to enhance the quality of their computer science research papers
- The title of a computer science has to describe what the paper holds in the fewest words possible.
- In the title page it is also necessary to provide the name and address of the student and the date of submission. There may be other requirements of the tutor to be satisfied.
- The abstract may be taken as the summary of the contents of a computer science research paper. Below the abstract it is useful to provide the key words and a summation of the abbreviations.
- The body of a computer science paper starts with the introduction. The introduction serves the purpose of stating the nature of the problem being investigated and the importance of the problem.
- The background follows which is a summation of the work already done on the problem.
- This is followed by the research methods section in a computer science paper. This section describes how the problem was studied.
- The results section follows, which provides what the study found.
- The discussion section of a computer science paper comes next. The purpose of this section is to explain the meaning of the findings.
The conclusion is the end of the report on the research undertaken. These tips will ease the writing of computer science research papers.